On today’s episode, we invite Grant Locke, head of OUTVest, to discuss why looking at fee structures is important before deciding to invest with certain institutes. Warren and Grant discuss everything from index-tracking, how fund managers work and the differences between EFTs and Unit Trust fee structures.
- Why are fees important?
- What are the effects on short-term and long-term investments?
- What would reducing your fees do to your investments?
- What is index investing & how can fund managers assist?
- What are the main ways private investors can buy an index?
- What’s the link between index-tracking in ETFs and index-tracking in unit trusts?
- Understanding unit trusts and the fees involved
- Understanding ETFs and the fees involved
- Why doing research is so important
Have you heard about the OUTVest competition where you can win R10 000 invested into your OUTVest investment account? Simply visit https://bit.ly/3wEMBlB for more information on how to enter and the great prizes up for grabs!
Don’t forget to send us your Voice Note questions on WhatsApp to (+27) 72 934 4218 and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Financial Freedom content: @HonestMoneyPod