In today’s episode, Warren Ingram invites Bastian Teichgreeber, Chief Investment Officer at Prescient, to discuss how the global interest rate and inflation increase affects the international and South African market.
- Inflation and interest rates are interconnected and significantly impact the economy.
- Inflation rates have been rising globally due to supply chain disruptions and increased demand.
- Central banks raise interest rates in response to inflation, which can affect borrowing costs and investment decisions.
- Bond prices and yields are affected by changes in interest rates, which can impact bond markets and investors.
- Stock market valuations can be affected by inflation and interest rates.
- Global economic developments, such as US interest rate policy, China’s economic policies, and geopolitical events, can impact inflation rates.
- South Africa’s economy is vulnerable to global economic trends, and the South African Reserve Bank’s policy decisions can impact the country’s inflation and interest rates.
Have a question for Warren? Don’t forget to voice note your questions through our WhatsApp chat on (+27)79 807 8162 and you could be featured in one of our episodes. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Financial Freedom content: @HonestMoneyPod