In today’s episode Warren Ingram and Reza Ismail, Head of Bonds at Prescient , unravel the complexities of global bond markets and South Africa’s fiscal landscape. We’ll dissect the country’s debt handling post-budget, the challenges facing its bond market, and the broader implications of U.S. monetary policy.
- Analyzing South Africa’s debt capacity post-medium-term budget.
- Understanding bonds’ role between cash and equity investments.
- Investigating the decline in international interest in South African bonds.
- Challenges in the South African bond market: fiscal deficit and load shedding.
- Impact of U.S. interest rates on global investments and price stability.
- Dissecting South Africa’s interim budget and signals for the full-year budget.
- Examining fiscal restraint and economic growth in budget planning.
- Scrutinizing the October and February budgets and the need for spending discipline.
- Consequences of political influence on the Reserve Bank’s independence.
- Discussing the importance of independent institutions and strategic policy for economic stability.
Have a question for Warren? Don’t forget to voice note your questions through our WhatsApp chat on (+27)79 807 8162 and you could be featured in one of our episodes. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Financial Freedom content: @HonestMoneyPod